Monday, April 22, 2013

Me - knower of some, expert of nothing

My name is Tony Swafford.  I am a father of 2 youngsters (Eli and Aly) and married to a former BBCHS cross runner Katie.  I am 5'6" and about (was) 170 pounds.  My journey with running is like a lot of peoples and I will use this blog to talk about it and do my best to try and motivate others who, like me, hate running.

I am a former soccer player and wrestler and left high school in great shape.  College was not kind to me though.  Although I exercised (mainly weight training) I put on weight due to my eating habits, work schedule, and propensity to suck back a few brews with friends.  I went from 125 pounds my senior year of high school to 170 by the time I was 22.  It wasn't all bad weight but at some point in my late 20's, I made a choice to begin running.

My beginning and subsequent ending of running became repetitive until a little over 2 years ago.  It was a roller coaster that I am sure many of you can relate to.  That is why I choose to create this blog.  To offer hope and provide inspiration to help others stay accountable to their plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment